5-Day Music & Arts Camp:
(This year’s theater theme — It’s EASY Being Green!)
July 16 – 20, 2018, 9am – 3pm
Whether you have been playing for years, are just a beginner or have not yet found your musical soul mate, this is the summer music and arts program for you! Off the Hook Arts Academy brings inspiration, intuition and imagination to kids this summer by offering a fun and educational way to learn more about themselves and the arts. Five days of enriching musical experiences with outstanding instructors devoted to keeping you musically well-nourished and inspired. We have two NEW programs this year — our Advanced Seminar in Chamber Music for 8 and up (through College) and Beginning Guitar Classes.
Find the section of our workshop (below) that works best for you:
- Ridgeview Classical Charter School, 1800 S. Lemay Ave., Fort Collins 80525
- Deadline to register: June 16
- Tuition: $260
- Scholarships available – Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Music Explorers (Ages 5 to 10): NO prior music training necessary. Our “It’s Easy Being Green” theatrical adventure begins on the page and finishes on the stage. Under the direction of our musical theatre partner, La-De-Da Performing Arts, students start with an original, locally written script, memorize their lines, sing and choreograph musical numbers, craft their own props and costumes, and prepare to share it all with an audience. Students will take the story from the page to the stage in 5 short days!
Instructors: members of the La-De-Da Performing Arts faculty.
String Players (Ages 8 to 18): Explore Solo, Fiddle, Improv and Celtic Music at your level in group classes, work with some of Colorado’s finest teachers. PLUS join our other campers for Theatre and Voice. (Must be at least at Suzuki Book I: Lightly Row level). No previous Suzuki experience necessary. Violin, viola and cello. Instructors: Kat Fritz (violin), Vi Wickam & Cody Stadelmaier (fiddle), Zach Brock (jazz violin)
NEW! Advanced Seminar (Ages 12 to 18): Join us for our new program for advanced students — The Advanced Seminar which will be based on intensive chamber music study headed by violinist Margaret Gutierrez. The program is open to pre-formed groups or individual pianists, strings or woodwind players. (College students will be considered as well) Instructors: Margaret Gutierrez (violin), Heidi Mausbach (cello), Zach Brock (jazz violin)
Guest Faculty draws from SummerFest Festival Artists: members of the Miami String Quartet — Benny Kim and Cathy Robinson, violin. Scott Lee, viola. Keith Robinson, cello. Bruce Adolphe, composer/pianist
- Chamber Music study — come in a preformed group or be assigned to an ensemble.
- Rehearsal time will be available during the day.
- More than one coaching daily with Margaret Gutierrez and/or additional faculty.
- One floating hour:
- to work with guest faculty on fiddle, improvisation, and Celtic music (for example: fiddler Vi Wickam, jazz violinist Zach Brock) OR
- an Advanced Theatre class working with instructors from La De Da Performing Arts on a monologue/theatre piece or musical theatre piece.
- Large ensemble work with Margaret Gutierrez bringing all performers together.
- Performance on Friday, July 20th in Old Town Square.
NEW! Beginning Guitar Class:
Saja Butler, Instructor
This class will have you playing basic chords and your first solo by the end of the week! You’ll learn how to play all of the open chords as well as learn a blues scale to solo with easily. A fun informative first guitar class to get you started and feel comfortable playing. Come join us!
Providing your own guitar is recommended but an instrument might be available if needed. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Limited availability — 8 students.